I can without a doubt say that this is one of my favorite times of the year. I mean, what’s not to love? A decked out house, snow, lights, parties, lots of excuses to eat & drink, celebrating baby Jesus with family and lets not leave out Christmas music!
This weekend I had our first holiday party of the season @ the annual Wine & Cheese party hosted by Beth & Jenna. Below are some pictures from the party (and evidence that my skin is severely deprived of the sun and/or bronzer).
Brit & I
The best friends a girl could ask for: Court, Brit & Kels
Brit & I again - we can't get enough of each other what can I say.
Emily & I
Katie, Court, Kels & I
Our lovely hostess Beth & Emily - two of my favorite Iowan's!
Beth & I
My other fav Iowans (even though they made the wrong choice in Iowa schools :)) Allie & Anna (she finally moved back from NYC!)
The night before that I checked out a new speakeasy that opened up in the Highlands, Williams & Graham, with Robyn and Phil. Pretty authentic concept, you enter into what looks like a library and then are escorted thru a bookshelf into the bar. I sipped on some pear & ginger beer concoction that our new bartender friend Sean was whipping up while debating whether to eat dinner there or move on to the next place – after seeing the menu consisted of Carmel corn, bacon beignets and pheasant I decided – move on. We finished up the night @ Zengo, where they most definitely don't serve pheasant.
What else do I love about December? Nick & I’s anniversary! We’ll celebrate 2 years on December 8th :)
No comments:
Post a Comment