Monday, January 7, 2013

The 16 Days of Christmas

Nick and I were fortunate enough to have 16 days back with our families in Chicago & Louisville to celebrate Christmas.  We're still trying to get the hang of splitting family time around the holidays.  It can be tough having no family nearby here in Colorado, but we are lucky that our families are only an easy 5-hour drive apart.

In case you didn't know what it takes for me to travel for that long of a trip, now you do.... 5 suitcases.


 
To sum up the trip, here is a list of my 16 favorite memories from the 16 days of Christmas (in no particular order!):
  • Standing by Jackie's side as she married Mario on December 15th
  • The Shaw family Christmas dinner @ Cafe Lucci
  • Meeting the new Benyo pets, Ziggy (a half-kitten, half-wild animal that Kate found on the side of the road) & Winston (the most lovable English Setter I've ever laid my hands on)
  • Seeing all my amazing cousins, grandma, aunts & uncles at J & M's wedding
  • A long, overdue visit with my girlfriends Kristen Favia & Emily Peterson Georgalas + getting to meet Em's new husband Nick and see their pix from their recent wedding in Mexico!
  • Playing hours of 'Crazy 8's' with the Benyo's
  • Receiving diamond studs from my parents for Christmas!
  • Being able to spend lots of quality time with Nick's family + creating many new inside jokes!  "fatty foods!"
  • Celebrating my 3rd Christmas together with Nick
  • Showing Nick's mom & sister, Kate my wedding dress!
  • Meeting with the priest who is going to marry Nick and I.  I just hope that by July he learns that Nick's name is in fact, 'Nick Benyo', not 'Dan Benyo'
  • Spending brother/sister time with Kate & Joe
  • Waking up on Christmas morning at the Benyo's to see that they had monogrammed a stocking with my name on it - I'm officially family!
  • Opening presents - duh!
  • Watching scary shows about 'stalking' with Nick's Dad and learning that he had once been stalked - no joke!
  • Dinner with Brian + Tino @ Javier's - miss them too much!

Opening presents - Nick got a shoe shine kit!  That's a happy camper!


Joe so anxious to see what he got!


Dad got PJ pants!


Brothers!


The men


Kate & I


Kate, Nick & I


Ziggy

  

My stocking!  I clearly fit into this family well with my leopard pants.

 

 The beautiful Christmas table


2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing you and meeting Nick! We need to do that every time you come into town! Loving this blog too! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not as good as Kristen checking blogs, but just reading this now and was so happy to read that we made it on your top 16 list!! I had a GREAT time catching up and seeing you again! Looking forward to next time!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS