SAVE THE DATE!
On July 6, 2013 I will marry my best friend in Chicago, IL. Nick and I will be married in St James Chapel by an old priest and family friend Fr Welsh followed by drinks, dinner & dancing our socks off at the Millennium Knickerbocker!
We fell in love with the historic charm of the Knickerbocker hotel. The Knickerbocker opened
in 1927. During the height of the city's economic downfall when the
stock market plummeted and prohibition reigned, Al Capone’s brother Ralph operated a
casino and speakeasy on the Penthouse Floor that held illegal rooms and a secret
passageway - that was believed to be used as a quick escape route for Al
Capone and his cronies that helped secure their getaway from several
police raids. In the 1970s, Hugh Hefner acquired it and it became the Playboy Hotel. (Nick and I will even be staying in Hugh's old apartment) In 1979 Millennium hotels transformed it into the Knickerbocker we all know of it today. It's located right off the heart of the Magnificent Mile and is the ideal location for plenty of shopping, dining & sightseeing (John Hancock, Water Tower Place are right around the corner). And if that's not enough for you, it's a mere 3 blocks away from Lake Michigan & the beach! We can't wait to celebrate with all our friends & family - so brush off your dancing shoes because the countdown is on!
YEA!!!! Coming home to Chi-town, great choice! Oh and I love your camping post. I definitely think you earn points for camping, and love that you are easily enticed by PJs and wine :)
ReplyDelete