Tell me...when you live in one of the most beautiful states ever and you grew up in one of the most historic cities ever - how do you choose a wedding venue? Seriously, if someone has the answer for me, please let me know! Nick and I have spent the last two weekends in Beaver Creek/Vail & Chicago on the hunt to find our dream wedding location. Just when I thought I had nailed it the Rocky Mountains - Chicago amazes me with it's beautiful old hotels and churches. I've already tried to talk my dad into throwing Nick and I a party every year until we've checked all our favorites off our list - that idea wasn't exactly well received. I wonder how he feels about a big reception crawl? How late can ya'll dance?
Below are pictures from the last few weekends. You know, I'm pretty sure Nick couldn't think of ANY better way to spend his Saturdays :)
Vail Wedding Deck
Taking the gondola up to check out the deck
Nick practicing our first kiss :)
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. Nick saw the bags sets in the lawn and was ready to sign the contract. This is when I break the news to him that sadly 'cornhole' was not going to be the theme of our wedding.
On our way to check out the Beaver Creek wedding deck
Off to Chicago and the trip wouldn't be complete without a visit to Grandma's house!
Chi-town you never let me down
Fortunately we did have one loser - this place stunk!
Celebrating our great day at POPS for some champagne with Kate & Joe!
I got to visit with Anne, a girlfriend of mine who I'm still convinced we were separated at birth. Her and I lived on the same floor in Burge @ Iowa, both moved to Denver after college and reconnected in the ping pong aisle at Target (hey we're Iowa girls of course we were shopping for beer pong balls) and she moved to Chicago just recently and what would you know - her and Andy aka Beer & Champagne got engaged the same weekend as Nick and I! What a beautiful proposal! Lovin' some catch up time with her and sharing stories at POPS.
At Big Shots Martini Bar - the soon-to-brothers!
Our engagement has already been such an incredible time, stay tuned as we set the date!

I really can't believe that your Dad isn't into the whole throwing a wedding at every beautiful location in Denver/Chicago. I mean how many times does your oldest daughter get married....err I guess by your logic, you want to get married over a dozen times!! haha
ReplyDeleteLooks great, happy planning!!