I traveled back to Chicago this weekend for my best friend Lindsey’s wedding shower. It’s apparent that Lindsey has an enormous amount of love around her from the beautiful shower that was thrown and the many gifts she received. It is so exciting to be a part of this amazing part of her life – something we’ve both imagined since she started dating Brian back when we were college roommates. I personally find it pretty comical to think of how far we’ve come since then. We went from living literally with a beer pong table in the middle of our living room to ‘ooo-hing’ and ‘ahh-ing’ over flatware and serving dishes. Back then all it took to get us excited was a 30 pack of Old Style – Today, Crate & Barrel boxes. I am so happy for her and Brian and now that I've seen her new stash...I can't wait to come over for dinner :)
Anyways, unfortunately I was too busy mingling to snap any pictures at the shower, so instead, I’ll throw up a picture of our oh so classy dining room table at Iowa…
I've also got shots of Brian's Mom (and my Mom) and Lindsey's Dad (and my Dad) celebrating victories @ the infamous table... and can you say college apartment? Look at those posters?!? By the way, we're beirut champions... watch out.
With the shower being on Friday night I had the rest of the weekend to spend with a few of my other favorite ladies. We were fortunate to have 4 generations of Lett ladies get together at Kate’s house to celebrate not only the engagement of Jackie & Mario but also Kristy who’s pregnant with Baby #2 or ‘Baby Cadillac’ if you will. For those of you who don’t know, Kristy’s first, Sophie, who’s 3, is OBSESSED with cars. She can name every make and model on the road and knows all the car logos out there. She even drives a Cadillac (think a Barbie car made for 3 year olds, but still!) Pretty scary what Kristy and Jim have coming when she turns 16! Anyways, when Kristy and Sophie were talking about names Sophie said she wanted to name the baby ‘Baby Cadillac’…. So, from that moment on that’s what we so lovingly refer to Kristy’s belly as.
While we were all together Jackie asked me to stand by her side on one of the biggest days of her life and be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I was so deeply touched and the day was brightened even more when Jackie asked Sophie if she knew anyone who would be a good flower girl, because she needed one for her wedding. Sophie quickly took charge, 3 years old, 3rd time on flower girl duty.... the girl knew the drill. Sophie all asked us to get in line, picked our order, and made us walk down the 'aisle'. It was so adorable, she told Jackie she had to go 4th... and we had to remind her Jackie had to go last :) Anyways, here are some pictures of our wedding practice... and others of the 4 generations of amazing Lett ladies.
The engaged couple Jackie & Mario - welcome to the fam!
Walking down the 'aisle'...
So, better late than never but Kate just sent over some other pictures from the family's final days in Colorado. We had a Shaw/Bellamy dinner @ Vita in the Highlands followed by drinks at The Wine Cellar and then Forest Room 5 - the site of Nick & I's first date...
No comments:
Post a Comment