Sunday, February 26, 2012

California & ChoLon

Although Nick's travel schedule can be rough, the upside of it is that it allows me to travel to see him in places like New York & California where we get to explore the city together (and he gets to wine & dine me :))  His current job has him in Orange County so last weekend I flew out to spend some time with him and we were also able to spend the day with our friends Cole & Josh!  Josh & Cole drove down from LA and we headed to lunch @ Javier's in Corona Del Mar then drove to Newport Beach and enjoyed cocktails and the sunset on the 'Rooftop' bar - which has become one of Nick and my favorites from all our visits to OC.  The night ended at Yardhouse in Irvine.  I know these two are happy together in LA but we miss them so much back in Colorado!  The weekend was topped off by a belated Valentine's dinner at Flemming's - I am one lucky girl!

At Javier's

Enjoying cocktails @ The Rooftop
My twin - I miss you SO MUCH!
 

Josh & Cole claim they've already lost their winter skin living in California.  Good thing this place had snuggies!


Yardhouse
One of the highlights of the trip, Nick's rental car - a Kia SOUL.  He picked me up from the airport and the car has neon lights on the speakers on the inside that flashed to the beat of the music... too funny! 
 
I even got my In & Out Burger fix!

Last night I got to go out with my favorite ladies to dinner @ ChoLon for 5280 week in Denver.  During 5280 week restaurants in Denver feature their best dishes for $52.80 for 2 people - So, $26/person.  It's a fabulous deal that allows you to try things you wouldn't necessarily try.  ChoLon incorporates Asian and French themes - our dinner was mouth-watering good, we enjoyed French Onion Soup Dumplings, Kaya Toast, Pork Chops, Fried Rice, Cauliflower Soup, and Spiced Doughnuts.  Here are some pics from the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS