It's been a busy few weeks, that's for sure. Last week I was offered and accepted a new job with one of our sister companies, Peterson's Publishing, as their E-Publishing Product Manager and I couldn't be more thrilled! With my last day coming up tomorrow my days have been full of turnover, packing up and wrapping up all the loose ends. I'm stoaked not only to for the exciting new opportunity - but also because the company is based in New Jersey I will be working remotely from home, another really nice change.
Because I now need a home office, Nick and I are in the process of moving him out of the office and moving me in. This means the sports memorabilia, baseball bats and tribal masks are coming down - and my chic, black and white Chicago theme'd office is going up.
Of course, of all days I decide to start this project on Superbowl Sunday as I dragged him to IKEA to get some new shelving unit where I'm going to store all my books, files, etc. Since it's been years since I've purchased anything from IKEA, I forgot that assembly IS required. I swore that I wouldn't bother him during the Superbowl and I could handle the project by myself, but as soon as I opened the box, saw about two thousand nuts, bolts, wood and directions that looked like this:
Nick agreed to help me. Thank god.
For the record, I think that's what happens if you eat too many Sweedish Meatballs.
So, the day after the Super Bowl Nick headed to Orange County for a trial and it was really sweet, on Valentines Day I received this really awesome poster from an artist in Chicago to add to my new office decor. Looking for a frame for it now - I love it!
He's flying me out tomorrow for the long weekend and not only am I excited to spend some time with him and enjoy the 70 degree weather but we'll be able to reunite with Cole & Josh! I'm really looking forward to the visit and hopefully will have lots of good pictures to share next week :)
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment