Happy 26th birthday to my cousin, Kellie-poo! (the Shaw's tend to attach 'poo' to the end of our names: ex: Kyle-poo, Darrell-poo, Katie-poo, Stephie-poo, etc....). So, I thought the most appropriate way to celebrate Kellie's birthday was through a glimpse of some of my favorite Kellie moments (that were acceptable to put on the internet). For those of you who don't know Kellie she has an incredible way of lighting up the room, she's witty, beautiful, and a lover of all things Michael Bolton & boxed wine.
MY FAV KELLIE-POO MEMORIES
This moment will probably live with me and all my college friends in infamy. Kellie came to visit me back at Iowa and after a fun night out we all came back to Kellie convincing everyone that it was all about 'Shaw'.... now, the exact reasoning why it was all about 'Shaw' is still a bit fuzzy but bottom line is she talked all of us into tattooing 'Shaw' all over ourselves with a Sharpie. (I'm sure alcohol had nothing to do with this). Shaw on the arms, Shaw on the abs, Shaw on the face. Like I said, I'm trying to keep the pictures I put up family-friendly so this is the most PG pic I've got from that night. Really funny night.
PS - sweet seashell necklace Brian.
Next up, Kellie's 21st birthday. We surprised her with a Chicago train bar-crawl where we hopped on the Metra and at each stop we got off and went to a bar to celebrate. For some reason @ this time in May we were not only dealing with some pretty major heat, but a serious amount of mid-western humidity. At one of our stops, Kellie decided to hit the bathroom, after putting toilet paper down on the toilet to cover the seat (I know, TMI, but follow me here...) she came back to the table where (note her short shorts in the pic below) she had toilet paper stuck to the back of her legs - and she had no idea. SO SO SO funny! I definitely have a picture of the toilet paper on her booty, but for the sake of not COMPLETELY embarrassing you Kel, I'll leave it at this :)
Kellie and I were honored to be co-MOH's at my sister's wedding. So, following tradition @ the reception we both had to go up there and give our speeches to Kate & Joe. I go first, had some sappy-sap long speech about how Joe completes Kate, tears, love, memories, love, tears, etc... Kellie follows with what? A little something she summed up by reading words from a Michael Bolton song. Yes, she wished them a lifetime of 'Time, Love & Tenderness'.
(As a side note, it was so perfectly Kellie and I honestly couldn't think of a better speech for Kellie to give to Kate & Joe - but point is, she never fails to crack me up) :)
Two years ago our family (Shaw's & Tabar's) went on a trip to Lake Powell, on a 75-foot house boat. (We coined this trip 'Shawll Taboard!'' -- aren't we creative?!) It was typical that everyday at some point in the afternoon a storm would roll through, you'd get some quick rain & wind and then it would be over, sun came back out and we went on with our business. One of the days, things got uglier than normal. The wind was blowing at such an intense rate the boat was rocking so hard, the 4 anchors that held the boat docked ripped out of the ground, it started raining, then hailing and it looked like we were about to lose control of the boat. The guys were running around trying to re-bury the anchors, cover everything on deck - I'm telling you it was REALLY dramatic at the time, movie-quality drama... and as this is all going on.... where is Kellie? Hanging out on the island drinking her boxed wine. This pic gets me everytime, here's all the guys after the storm (see how quick the sun came back out?!) and then there's Kellie, slapping the bladder. Gotta love it!
I don't write blog posts this long about just anyone. (But she's pretty funny so it's easy) It's also not everyday that you can call one of your cousins your really good friend. I'm happy you're a part of my life & looking forward to more memories in your 26th year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment