Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Good Life

I know, majorly slacking on the posts.  I promise you my disappearance has been well spent.  Katie Benyo + roommate - I apologize if you have experienced withdrawals - come on, I'm not that exciting! :) But I do have some pics to sum up where I've been!

 My twinkie (a.k.a. my Mom) came out to visit me in early April for a girls weekend.  I did my usual song and dance where I wine, dine and shop her to death in an attempt to prove that there is more to Colorado than tree huggers and stoners.  We did what we do best = drink, gossip, drink, spa, shop, gossip, eat, drink, shop, spa, drink, eat, shop, shop, drink....  you know, we're fairly predictable and I must add - a heck-ova good time!


Dinner @ Deluxe

Drinks @ Beatrice & Woodsley

Lunch @ Cherry Creek Grill


 

We enjoyed a spa day @ the St. Julien in Boulder.  If you haven't been to the St. Julien - go, it's absolutely gorgeous.  Above's a view out the back.  We followed up our treatments with shopping and brunch at Centro in Boulder.  Since we just had facials and had no make up on we decided instead of showing people our naked faces we'd take pictures of our dessert, pumpkin spice doughnuts...heaven.



We went on a shopping trip to Costco with the MINI (which in itself was comedic, Costco with a MINI Cooper?) but came home to unload all the goodies and after I closed the trunk Nick's bike that was hanging on the ceiling fell on top of my car and dented the trunk!  Who hangs their bike above a new car??  :(

Seriously, if it was possible to marry a car, I would marry this one.  I'm so sad and I will get you fixed soon so we can go on this!!


After Mom's visit, I spent the next week in NJ/NY for work.  We were at our offices in Princeton & Manhattan.  Ended the work week at a NY staple, McSorleys. They only serve light beer or dark beer here.  No wine.  No vodka.  No Bud Light.  If you want an appetizer, your choice is cheddar, saltines and onions - OR starve - take your pick.  If you like the sounds of this coupled with sitting on peanuts, go here.  Here I am drinking dark beers with Renee & Robyn.  
- - - - - - - - -

I was leaving NYC that Friday to hurry home and meet up with Cole & Josh who were in Denver to celebrate her birthday and, of course, I miss my flight (and I promise McSoreleys had nothing to do with it!).  Luckily for me, I was able to grab the next flight out and made it back in time to hear their BIG news....

Cole & Josh are having a little bambino(a)!!!!!

I am SO excited for them.  They're both going to be amazing parents and I'm so excited to be along for the journey (and buy them baby clothes)! 



 The rest of the weekend Nick and I spent with AJ, Ashley, Zach, Court & Kels at Cheeseman Park Saturday then Wash Park Sunday.  It was an absolutely beautiful weekend in Colorado.


A not-so-rough view from AJ & Ash's condo while BBQ'n after a day in the park.  My man Nick is responsible for this great pic.


The next weekend we were off to Chicago to celebrate my main girl, Lindsey & Brian's wedding.  I left a lot the picture taking to Amy and her professional camera so hopefully we'll have some more to come but these are the moments I did manage to capture.


We had mani/pedi's and relaxed before the rehersal dinner.  Here's Jenny, Lindsey & I.



Look'n sharp Nick!


Jacqueline & Kelly getting their hair & makeup at our suite in the Hotel Palomar on the BIG DAY!!!


Lindsey's hair...beautiful!



My hair... not so beautiful.  My hair clearly requires major poofing.



Lindsey & her mom dancing to Whitney.  RIP.


Jamie & Jenny


Her beautiful bouquet & our flowers arrived!



The dress.



Here's where I lose it....she is gorgeous.  I don't have pics to show it yet, but her veil was the icing on the cake.  So so so pretty, I can't get over it.


On our way to the cathedral.  My last shot with her as a single lady.  I love you!!!


Jenny & Becki, LOVE these two.


The wedding was absolutely perfect.  Lindsey was stunning.  And as Lindsey's dad said in his speech, Brian, 'what took you so long'?!?  :)  I am so thankful to have these two in my life.  They are incredible friends and I am so thankful to have shared in their day. 

And this is what we came home to.  It's a penguin trapped in a cat's body.  Like I said, it's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS