This weekend I traveled back to Chicago for a great weekend with family and friends. It was jam-packed with lots of food, wine & laughter. I arrived Friday afternoon and was greeted by Chicago’s finest 30 degree temps – my grandma and mom came to pick me up and we went straight to lunch where Kate & Aunt Laurie came to meet us. So great to catch up!
Later that night I picked Tino up from the train station and my dad had a delicious dinner planned @ Buckingham’s. We enjoyed steak and crab legs that were the size of my wrist! We were joined by my cousins Kellie & Kyle and Kate & Joe. I did a terrible job of capturing the weekend with pictures because I was too busy enjoying the company but here is one Kate got of Tino & I - and Joe & I.
Later that night I picked Tino up from the train station and my dad had a delicious dinner planned @ Buckingham’s. We enjoyed steak and crab legs that were the size of my wrist! We were joined by my cousins Kellie & Kyle and Kate & Joe. I did a terrible job of capturing the weekend with pictures because I was too busy enjoying the company but here is one Kate got of Tino & I - and Joe & I.
Saturday Tino and I went bridesmaid dress shopping - she’s got it narrowed down to two dresses, she's decided on long & black - but we’ll just have to wait and see which one she picks! After shopping we went to visit Tino’s sister Jamie. Jamie & her husband Mark just had a baby girl, Mallory Rae, and she’s just over a month old – so so so little! I know that I’ve always had an obsession with shoes, but there is just something so darn precious about little baby shoes, they get me every time! She even had little pink baby Uggs, so cute!!
Later that night I had dinner & drinks with my high school friends: Seibel & Hoff, Deanna, and Lauren. It was so great to be able to catch up, I miss them so much!! Here are the only pics I got that night. Seibel & Deanna and Lauren & I @ Mago.
Then came Sunday … family day. My dad has had major ants in his pants to rearrange the whole house, my mom figured it was better than moving so she went with it. Basically, the dining room became the family room, the living room became the dining room and the family room became the living room. Confusing? You’re telling me. I wasn’t really sure where I was supposed to sit after all that. Anyways, Dad’s happy and that’s what’s important right?! :) The highlight of the day was a delicious Thanksgiving-style feast with turkey & all the fixin’s. Since this year my sister will be in Minneapolis with Joe’s family, Nick and I will be in Kentucky with his family, and my parents will be celebrating in California we thought we'd still try to do it up. Food. Coma.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. And, nothing beats going home.


No comments:
Post a Comment