Monday, November 14, 2011
Jason Elsmore
This may come as a different post but I'm asking each of you to please include our friend Jason Elsmore in your thoughts and prayers. Jason and I worked together when I first moved out to Colorado and him and his wife, Stefania, have continued to be friends of Nick & I. Jason became sick last week and was admitted to the hospital on Friday with Bacterial Meningitis. It is a strand that places no one else at risk of catching it, but he contracted it because he does not have a spleen (it was removed when he was a child). Without a spleen, his body was unable to fight the bacteria and it got into the spinal fluids infecting his brain and spinal cord. He is currently in the hospital in a coma, using every ounce of his energy to fight the disease. I can without hesitation say that Jason is one of the most genuinely caring and positive people I know and this breaks my heart to know that him and his family are going through this. There are many potential damages that may have been done to not only his body but his brain as a result of this illness and we are continuing to keep Jason and his family in our thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment