One of my favorite things about Colorado is the weather. While most people associate Denver with frigid temps and snow, they couldn’t be more wrong. Trust me, if you want that - go to Chicago. Sure, we get snow, but we also have a great spring, summer and fall. Because it’s so dry we don’t have that winter air that bites your face and we most definitely don’t have those sticky summer days that require you to re-shower every time you step outside. Growing up a Midwestern girl I do love the cold temps, believe it or not I find winter and snow very charming but being able to have the best of both worlds is what is so spectacular about this state.
Where am I going with this? This weekend Nick & I were blessed with three days of outdoor activities that I’m not sure you can do anywhere else all in the same weekend.
Friday, Nick & Elliot spent the afternoon playing 18 holes of golf – it was a beautiful 70 degrees out. Not bad for November! If I didn't have to work that day you could count on Brittany & I chasing after the beer cart on the course with those guys. Saturday was Elliot’s 5th Annual ‘No Means Yes And Yes Means Corn Hole’ Winter Classic.
As any important sporting event should start... with the National Anthem. Even Santa was there, no big deal...
As I originally had not planned to attend this and got suckered into it last minute – I showed up partner-less. Well, as fate would have it someone else had also shown up without a partner. Who was that you ask? This guy...
Yep, lucky me. He clearly read the ‘dress to impress’ instructions on the invitation. Our team name? 'American Cheddar' as inspired by his shirt and cheese, why not? The highlight of getting this guy as my partner was the fact that no one knew who he was. Oh, that and the fact that his car parked in front of the house held all of his belongings –including everything he was wearing that day – and those teeth he had in his mouth. After some American Cheddar team building & bonding I came to learn he had a name (Eric), had just moved here from South Carolina 10 days ago (which explains why he was living out of his car), that he had just graduated law school and was on the hunt for a job and place to live, and that someone in fact did bring him to the party (but obviously didn’t want to claim him). Although we went 1-2 and didn’t make it to the next round, we still had a blast.
Nick & Zach on the other hand, or team 'Sweater Fetish' if you will… took 2nd place. Whoohoo!
Sunday we woke up early to hit the road to Keystone. After learning that snowboarding was NOT my thing a few years ago, I came back over to the good side and am now going down the mountain facing forward on ski’s. It was a great day on the mountain with Nick & Zach. I do want to mention my fall count = ZERO. Nick and Zach can’t say the same for themselves :) I’m still working on my Pizza/French Fry skills, but hopefully after a few more trips I’ll be in much better shape. Speaking of, I actually came home with more casualties from my day of corn hole than my day of skiing which is sort of humorous – and obviously a sign that I’m a better skier than a corn hole player. Here are some pics from the top of the mountain…
Nick & I in our matchy matchy Mammut jackets (ha, he'll kill me when he reads this!)
A little top o' the mountain dance party/2nd place corn hole celebration...
So I know I just got done saying I loved Colorado because the weather is great, but I gotta say, the people I get to enjoy it with everyday make it even better.
Oh, and Moe enjoyed another active weekend as well...
No comments:
Post a Comment